Soy beans contain Nature’s Perfect Protein, in fact, it’s pretty amazing – the only plant-based protein that’s recognized as nutritionally complete.
Soy milk has long been a popular alternative for people who are unable to drink cow’s milk due to lactose intolerance. But rather than drink soy milk because you have to, more and more people are choosing soy milk because of the added health benefits.
Speaking of being made from beans, how exactly is soy “milk” made? Beans are cleaned and soaked overnight, and then pureed. The solids are strained out, and the resulting liquid is boiled for about 10 minutes. A little simplified, but that’s the basic idea. As the taste of commercial soy milk improves more and more people are drinking it, but nothing is better and fresher than making soymilk out of your own home, it allows you to save a lot of money and you know exactly what the ingredients are. If needed, you can add extra ingredients such as sugar, flavors, thickeners and salt to make it taste more like the way you want it. Making soy milk with normal kitchen tools is also possible, but requires more time and results in a lower yield. Yet, with the help of a soymilk machine, you can get a warm cup of fresh soymilk in about 15 minutes!
What are the best soymilk machine out there?
Most models of a soymilk maker are composed of the following parts:
- Heating element: This is a heating element which is submerged in the liquid or a heating bottom plate.
- A container which will hold the soy milk plus some extra air space to prevent overcooking.
- A filter cup which holds the soy beans. The surface consists of a screen which allows water or soy milk to pass through. There are two types of screens: a thin plate with very small round holes (Soyajoy, SoyaPower and Vegan Star) and a fine mesh screen (SoyWonder).
- Sensors to prevent the overcooking of the soymilk.
- Motor with stainless steel stirring blade to mix the soybeans.
- A microprocessors to control the process of heating and mixing.
- Make Unlimited combinations of delicious bean, rice, nut, seed and grain milks
Some automatic soy milk makers have additional parts or options: a feeding window or opening which allows you to add the beans to the fully assembled soy milk maker or a kit to make tofu.
In the final note, you can’t compare canned soup with your home made soup, can you? If you’re a regular soy milk drinker, get yourself a soymilk machine. Simply, it’s a smarter way to live! Make smooth, flavorful beverages for only pennies per gallon. Get one now, you’ll be glad you did.
To Your Success!