This dish is simple and easy to make. You can fix it for quick light lunch or dinner.
Recipe for Sauteed Lemongrass Beef with Rice Noodles and Salad – Bún Bò Xào Sả:
- 1/4 lb of beef tenderloin, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp of fish sauce
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp finely chopped lemongrass
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
2 oz of mixed salad greens: leaf lectuce, mints, perrila, Vietnamese coriander, cucumber slices and bean sprouts
Pickled Carrot and Daikon
1/4 lb rice noodles
1 tsp vegetable oil
1 tsp finely chopped garlic
2 tbsp Beef Stock or water
2 tbsp Sweet and Sour Sauce
1/3 cup Dipping Fish Sauce
1 tbsp Crispy Fried Shallots
1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
1 tbsp crushed roasted peanuts
First marinade the beef: coat the beef with oil, fish sauce, lemongrass and leave it for about 15 minutes.
Boil some noodles, rinsed it through cold water and drain. Prepare the mixed salad greens.
Prepare each serving bowl by adding some mixed salad greens, herbs, pickled carrots and daikon and topping with rice noodles.
In a stainless steel saute pan, add 1 tsp of vegetable oil and heat it almost to a smoking point. Add chopped garlic and stir until fragrant. Place the meat in the pan and sear, then let it sit a bit before shaking the pan to create a little caramelization.
Stir to ensure it is evenly cooked. Keep the heat high, then add the beef stock or water, scraping the pan to release the caramelized juices, creating a brown sauce. Add a little sweet and sour sauce to taste.
Laddle to beef into the prepared bowl with their juice. Garnish with fried shallots, sesame seeds and peanuts. Serve with dipping fish sauce.
P.S. We’d love to hear your comments about this recipe, so please feel free to share your comments on this blog. Don’t forget that my website is updated weekly and has lots of articles and free videos to help you master your Vietnamese cooking skills. Come back often and remember to sign up for the ‘VietChef Corner’ Newsletter to have our recipes and useful articles delivered directly to your mailbox.
P.P.S If you have a great Vietnamese recipe and want to share with everyone on this site to enjoy, please contact me using the ‘Contact’ button on the top of the page to submit it!
People Who Viewed This Also Viewed:
- Grilled Lemongrass Beef Skewers – Thịt Bò Nướng Xả
- Recipe for Hanoi Grilled Fish with Rice Noodles and Fresh Herbs – Chả Cá Hà Nội
- Beef Rice Soup and Ginger – Cháo Bò
- Lemongrass and Chili Chicken – Gà Xào Xả ớt
- How to Make Lotus Stem Salad with Shrimps and Pork – Gỏi Ngó Sen Tôm Thịt
- How to Make Fish Sauce for Vietnamese Salad – Nước Mắm Gỏi
- Have a Green Papaya Salad (Gỏi Đu Đủ) You Can Be Proud Of
- Fish Rice Soup with Ginger and Onion – Cháo Cá
- Vietnamese Chicken Rice Soup – Cháo Gà
- How to Make Beef and Jicama Spring Rolls – Bò Bía