Tapioca flour is abundant in Vietnam, and it’s commonly used in Vietnamese kitchen to make several tasty dishes. In this post, I introduce you to our beloved Vietnamese Tapioca Bread, which is called Bánh Bò in Vietnamese. The texture of the bread is a bit crunchy from the tapioca starch, with a deep flavor of coconut milk. This is one of the most Vietnamese favorite snacks, and a beloved treat for children after school.
This is a recipe I usually make at home, if you want the bread a little bit more crunchy, and I know some of my friends prefer so, increase the amount of tapioca starch accordingly.
Recipe for Vietnamese Tapioca Bread – Bánh Bò:
- 1 13.5oz (400ml) can coconut milk
- 1 can (13.5oz) sugar
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 3/4 cup Sài Gòn Dia-Bao Mixed Flour (Bột Bánh Bao Sài Gòn)
- 8 eggs
- 1 package (~ 2 1/2 tsp) baking powder
- 1 tsp of green food coloring (phẩm xanh)
- 2 tbsp butter, to grease the pan.
In big bowl, mix all ingredients together, except butter, whisk it well until the mixture becomes smooth, and no bubbles are formed. Let it sit for 15 minutes to allow the mixture to rise.
Grease the baking pan with butter, and pour the mixture into a greased pan.
Preheat the oven to 350F. Once the oven is heated to the set temperature, place the pan in the middle oven rack. Bake for 20 minutes.
Use a toothpick to poke into the middle of the cake and take it out. If the toothpick comes out clean, and not wet, then the cake is ready.
People Who Viewed This Also Viewed:
- How to Make Banana Bread – Bánh Chuối
- How to Make Basic Sponge Cake – Bánh Bông Lan Cuốn
- How to Make Bánh Cốm, Rice Krispie
- Sweet Banana, Tapioca Pearl and Coconut Milk Soup – Chè Chuối
- Discover How Easily You Can Make Vietnamese Shrimp Toasts – Bánh Mì Tôm Quết Nướng
- How to Make Vietnamese Steamed Rice Pancakes with Shrimp and Pork Rinds – Bánh Bèo
- Cassava Coconut Cake – Bánh Khoai Mì Nướng
- How to Make Sesame Seed Balls – Bánh Mè Rán
- Savoring Vietnamese Homemade Noodle Soup – Bánh Canh Nam Phổ
- How to Make Vietnamese Pork Sausage – Chả Lụa
Tags: banh bo, banh bo nuong recipe, banh bo recipe, banh bo recipes, banh bo xop, cach lam banh bo, coconut cake recipe, how to make banh bo nuong, tapioca bread, tapioca bread recipe, tapioca flour bread, vietnamese cake recipe